Hi,

I’m using the active directory in order to control the access to zeppelin
0.7.0. My configuration of the shiro.ini is the following:

activeDirectoryRealm = org.apache.zeppelin.realm.ActiveDirectoryGroupRealm
activeDirectoryRealm.systemUsername = foo

activeDirectoryRealm.systemPassword = foo
activeDirectoryRealm.searchBase = OU=Utenze Applicative,OU=Administration
Accounts,OU=Services Accounts,DC=corp,DC=mycompany,DC=net
activeDirectoryRealm.url = ldap://host:389
activeDirectoryRealm.authorizationCachingEnabled = false

What I’m tring to achieve is to restrict the access only to the user that have
a property equal to a given value (e.g. countryCode=UK), in other words I need
to apply a filter to the query submitted by zeppelin at login time to the ldap
server in order to leave out the user that does not have the right value for
the property that I’m checking.
I tried to modify the class ActiveDirectoryGroupRealm and in particular the
method  searchForUserName updating the value of the field searchFilter used by
ldpaContext.search.
Unfortunately this doesn’t affect because the method searchForUserName is never
called.

What can I do? Where the zeppelin query ldap using the search base in order to
understand if a user that is trying to login has an entry associated?

Thanks in advance
Riccardo

Riccardo Gianpaolo Corbella

Data Reply
Via Robert Koch, 1/4
20152 - Milano - ITALY
phone: +39 02 535761
r.corbe...@reply.it<mailto:r.corbe...@reply.it>
www.reply.it

[Data Reply]

--
The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,