Hi,
I know this issue is resolved for reading from json, and tested for that use
case, but I'm seeing the exact same error message when writing to json.

java.io.InvalidClassException: org.apache.commons.lang3.time.FastDateParser;
local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 2, local class
serialVersionUID = 3

Easy to reproduce on AWS (also happens writing to HDFS)

val dfyo = List((1,"hi"),(2,"there"),(3,"yo"))
            .toDF()
            .write
            .json(f"s3n://ReplaceWithBucketName/test/")

I know writing to json is not a common use case, so not an urgent issue.

I see the git commit looks like it is mostly replacing the import of
-import org.apache.commons.lang3.StringUtils;
+import org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils;

But the issue is with org.apache.commons.lang3.time.FastDateParser

I had a quick search in the codebase and couldn't find any imports of that
class directly or indirectly so I'm not really sure what would fix it.