Hey,

I am using Apache Zeppelin with docker and I asked myself: What is the best
practice to persist interpreter configuration changes? I run the docker
container using the following command to persist /logs and /notebooks:

docker run -p 8080:8080 --rm -v $PWD/logs:/logs -v $PWD/notebook:/notebook
-e ZEPPELIN_LOG_DIR='/logs' -e ZEPPELIN_NOTEBOOK_DIR='/notebook' --name
zeppelin apache/zeppelin:0.7.3

I need to set some custom settings for the jdbc interpreter, these are
persisted in /zeppelin/conf/interpreter.json. If I stop the docker
container and run it again the jdbc interpreter configuration changes are
lost. How can I persist these changes as well? Should I mount the /conf
folder to the host system? Or should I reuse the container? Docker run
creates a new container named zeppelin, and if you skip option --rm the
container will not be deleted on exit. Afterwards, I am able to start and
stop the container using docker start/stop zeppelin.

Best,
Sören

https://zeppelin.apache.org/download.html#using-the-official-docker-image