Sure, use whatever language you want. My understanding is that a snapshot is a
built version that is not far enough along to get labeled with something
fancier like “release candidate” or an actual point release. Regardless. It is
a built version that gets pushed to maven (or put somewhere).

I suppose you could claim that if I grab the source and build it myself then I
am creating a snapshot? I have no idea if that is a valid use of the term
snapshot.

My real question is:

Are there prebuilt snapshots of 0.9.0 somewhere or is the only option to build
myself? The difference in effort to build from source isn’t great, but
convincing my infra team to work with a prebuilt snapshot vs building from
source is a significant difference.

Paul Brenner
SR. DATA SCIENTIST
(217) 390-3033