All -

I am having an issue with a build I forked from master that is compiled as
0.9. We have another build running 0.8 that works just fine. The Spark
interpreter is failing to start, and giving a NumberFormatException. It
looks like when Zeppelin runs interpreter.sh, the
RemoteInterpreterServer.java main method is pulling the IP address instead
of the port number.

Here is the command it tries running:

INFO [2019-04-17 19:33:17,507] ({SchedulerFactory2}
RemoteInterpreterManagedProcess.java[start]:136) - Run interpreter
process *[/opt/zeppelin/bin/interpreter.sh,
-d, /opt/zeppelin/interpreter/spark, -c, 11.3.64.129, -p, 38675, -r, :, -i,
spark-shared_process, -l, /opt/zeppelin/local-repo/spark, -g, spark]*

and here is the code from RemoteInterpreterServer.java starting at line 270:

if (args.length > 0) {

  zeppelinServerHost = args[0];

  *port = Integer.parseInt(args[1]);*

  interpreterGroupId = args[2];

  if (args.length > 3) {

    portRange = args[3];

  }

}

It gets a NumberFormatException because it tries to do Integer.parseInt()
on an IP address, the second arg passed into the interpreter.sh

Here is the error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input
string: "11.3.64.129"

at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)

at
org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterServer.main(RemoteInterpreterServer.java:272)

Why is RemoteInterpreterServer pulling out the wrong arg index? Or
alternately, why is zeppelin attempting to run interpreter.sh with the
wrong arguments? Has this issue been fixed somewhere that I missed? Am I on
a bad snapshot? I believe I am up-to-date with Master. My personal code
changes were focused on the front-end and realms so I haven't touched any
of the code in zeppelin-zengine or zeppelin-interpreter. Any help figuring
out why I am running into this is appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris Krentz