We have been trying to submit Spark jobs to an AWS EMR cluster from our own
Zeppelin instance.

The YARN job was received and started properly, but ran into below error.
The host indicated in the error is a weird 12-char alphanumeric string that
does not look like hostname or IP.

*Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: 77c5b7197972*

We have been able to use spark-submit from the same location where Zeppelin
is installed to submit the same job to the same EMR cluster successfully.

We have tried to toggle both client/cluster deploy mode in Zeppelin as well
as the configuration *zeppelin.spark.useNew*. However we are still hitting
the above error.

Anyone has encountered this before? Specifically is that weird host
generated from Zeppelin's Spark submission logic?

Thanks
Yan