Currently I have zeppelin and spark configured to run on https.

My notebook urls look like https://notebook.example.com:8443/ and my spark UI
runs at https://notebook.example.com:4440/.

If I go to the http version of the spark ui I am redirected to the https
version.  For example http://notebook.example.com:4040/ will redirect to
https://notebook.example.com:4440/.

My problem is that when viewing a zeppelin notebook all the "SPARK JOB" URLs
are http and not https.  You would think this wouldn't be a problem because
SPARK JOB url http://notebook.example.com:4040/jobs/job?id=0 will just redirect
to https://notebook.example.com:4440/jobs/job?id=0.  This redirect works fine
when using curl or entering it directly into the address bar.

But when the SPARK JOB URL is clicked inside of zeppelin it does not redirect
to the https:8443 url.   Because my zeppelin is configured with https it sends
the Strict-Transport-Security HTTP header and Firefox changes the protocol and
sends the user to https://notebook.example.com:4040/jobs/job?id=0 instead of
https://notebook.example.com:4440/jobs/job?id=0.  4040 is the http port so this
fails.

Can Zeppelin build the spark UI URLs using https instead of relying on a
redirect from the spark UI?

My zeppelin-site.xml file has the zeppelin.server.strict.transport section
commented out but I the Strict-Transport-Security HTTP header is sent by
default when SSL is configured.  Setting the max-age=0 works around the issue
but the correct path would be to build the Spark UI urls with https so we can
use Strict-Transport-Security.

Is it possible to have Zeppelin build the spark UI URLs with https?  Maybe I am
missing a configuration option?

Thanks in advance for any pointers or fixes!
Tony