Hi,

In Zeppelin 0.9 the note storage was changed to use hierarchical naming on
S3, which is a much
welcome change. However, it seems to have an undesirable effect. Say, I
create a note with name "a/b/c" and open it. The UI has "c" as the name (I
attach a screenshot), which has two issues:

- One no longer knows where in the hierarchy they are. For example, one can
have "Reports/Q1/orders", and in UI it is simply shown as "orders", so
looking at this note it's no longer obvious where we are - and my
colleagues find that very confusing

- One no longer can move a note by editing its name - one should go back to
index page, expand the hierarchy, and use rename there - also inconvenient.

I could not find any issues to improve this - is there some setting or
workaround I can use?

[image: image.png]

--
Vladimir Prus