Ok, I think I found the issue. It's not only that the quotations are
missing from the --conf param, they are also missing from
the --driver-java-options, which is concatenated to
the INTERPRETER_RUN_COMMAND in interpreter.sh

I will fix it in my build, but would like a confirmation that this is
indeed the issue (and I'm not missing anything), so I'd open a pull
request.