I had the same issue but usually when I use the keyboard and click enter at
the end of the name then it works. when I leave the field using the mouse
it revert back to the generic name.
BTW, we should change the default name to something like a running sequence
e.g. NewNote-1,NewNote-2 other wise when you have a note with a default
name and you click new note you can't make the difference between your
existing and new note.
Eran