Could you check under the log directory for log files to see if there is any
error?

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 1:08 PM -0700, "Exception Badger"
<exception.bad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

We've been using Zeppelin for a little while with CDH clusters and it's
great.

Recently a few of us have tried getting it working on local dev machines
(ubuntu 14.04) without clusters, i.e. local[*] master and separately
downloaded spark 1.3.0 referenced through spark.home.

What we're seeing is pyspark notes hanging in the "running" state.

Following a few suggestions on the web we've tried setting SPARK_HOME and
PYTHONPATH explicitly both in the environment and also in the zeppelin
config script. None of this seems to help.

I've also tried building the branch and master and I see the same behaviour
with both.

It would be really good to get this working but we're kind of stumped.

Any help appreciated!
/T