Hi Bob,

Currently, no way of extract code easily. I think that could be useful
feature. Do you mind file an issue for extract and download code as a file?

And notebook source file is not compatible with IPython and Databricks
notebook.

You can use your own notebook storage and data format by implementing
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-zengine/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/notebook/repo/NotebookRepo.java

Thanks,
moon