FYI,

I've extended (or shrinked - depends on the point of view) the excellent
work done by Ali Bajwa in ambari-zeppelin-service project to create:
https://github.com/tzolov/zeppelin-ambari-plugin

Github doc is selfexplanatory but here is a video to illustrate how it
looks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFaoO5N79UY

To install it on RedHad/CentOS you just need to add a public YUM repo and
install the packages from there:

sudo wget https://bintray.com/big-data/rpm/rpm -O
/etc/yum.repos.d/bintray-big-data-rpm.repo
sudo yum -y install zeppelin-ambari-plugin-phd30
  (or sudo yum -y install zeppelin-ambari-plugin-hdp22 for HDP22)
  (or sudo yum -y install zeppelin-ambari-plugin-hdp23 for HDP23)
sudo /etc/init.d/ambari-server restart

This could be the fastest way to get you started with Zeppin on Hortonworks
or PivotalHD.

Note that during the installation you can specify a different Zeppelin
tarball (perhaps the one you have build yourself) or Notebooks tarball.

Let me know if there are candidates to test Debian package?

Cheers,
Christian

--
Christian Tzolov <http://www.linkedin.com/in/tzolov> | Solution Architect,