Hello.

I commented below your questions.

1. is the Spark driver executing in the same JVM as the Zeppelin
RemoteInterpreterServer?
*-> I know that is sperated. The interpreter server process is executed by
~/bin/interpreter.sh*

2. how does one correctly size the Spark driver memory (Xmx) in this
setting?
*->  you can refer to
http://apache-zeppelin-users-incubating-mailing-list.75479.x6.nabble.com/Can-not-configure-driver-memory-size-td1513.html

3. as an alternative: is yarn-master supported with Zeppelin?
*-> **I know that **zeppelin support only yarn-client mode.*

If I'm wrong, please fix.
Thanks.