To run either of the R interpreters (with -Pr or -Psparkr), you will need to
install R on the server (or dev machine) running zeppelin, as well any R
packages you wish to use.
Knitr as well.  knitr will also pull in the `evaluate` R package as a
dependency, so there is no need to explicitly install evaluate.

If you use the virtual machine script, the latest version (on the Master branch
0.6.0 snapshot) will set all of this up for you.
If you use Ansible as your deployment tool, you could also borrow this Ansible
script to get all of R dependencies.
This role will also install all of the useful tools and plotting packages
required to test the `R tutorial` notebook when built with -Psparkr
You could also borrow the steps in this role if you wish to do this manually.

Ansible Role:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/tree/master/scripts/vagrant/zeppelin-dev/roles/r

https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/blob/master/scripts/vagrant/zeppelin-dev/roles/r/tasks/main.yml

ReadMe:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/tree/master/scripts/vagrant/zeppelin-dev

This will soon be updated to reflect the addition of the R installation:

Docs:
https://zeppelin.incubator.apache.org/docs/0.6.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/install/virtual_machine.html

Best
Jeff