Hello

No you're mistaking, the Cassandra interpreter is only using the binary
protocol to communicate with Cassandra (port 9042 by default). In the logs,
what you see is the Thrift protocol used by Zeppelin to communicate between
the Zeppelin server and the interpreter JVM process.

By the way can you please copy/paste the complete stack trace so we can
track down the root cause ?