We often chastise the AP and their stylebook.  I'm just wondering if anyone
in this Litserv actually owns a copy, and what does it really say in regards
to metric?

You can buy it from Amazon for sixteen bucks.  Saw another version for 11
bucks, but I seem to have lost the ref. for that.  This book must be on
library and bookstore shelves of colleges with journalism classes.  I will
go to Barnes and Noble when I get the chance, and see if I can find it.

Couldn't find an online version, but I did find this:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/units.html
That's discouraging.  If you do a net search with "associated stylebook
metric" you get quite a few interesting hits.  A lot of them are from
college journalism courses and give improper usage (eg Florida Inst of Tech
says "butt up units with numbers: 35mm")

Scott C