The "length" equals the length of a horse. In horse racing, the length is
actually interpreted as a unit of time equal to 0.2 second: the number of
lengths by which one horse beats another is computed as 5 times the
difference in their running times measured in seconds.

Don't know how many noses there are to a length.

Scott C