The USGS told a Seattle reporter that the quake was "40 km under the
surface" To which the reported replied, "Huh, what did you say?"  The USGS
guy repeated about 40km down, and then after some dead air said about 25
miles down.  The press is now reporting that it was 30 miles underground.
Dorks.

I didn't feel it here in north Idaho about (I'm guessing) 600 km from the
epicenter.  My wife did feel it in Spokane about 500 km east of Seattle.

Scott C