Adrian wrote:
>Anyone has any idea what is the origin of this system?
>
>I searched a lot, also the ISO and DIN standards, even at EB.com and still
>found nothing that clarifies who invented this system and if it is
>standardized anywhere.
>
>If they are standardized they may as well be under a generic name not TORX
>since this is a Reg. T Mark.

The generic name with which I am familiar is "T-star."

I first saw fasteners with these kinds of heads on General Motors vehicles.
Now, my General Electric washing machine is held together with machine
screws that use these kinds of heads.

I don't know if there is a standard for these screws, but drivers for them
are not hard to find.