Steven Davis Wrote:

If the stallholder possesses dual-purpose scales, (which Steve Thoburn
actually did) although the transaction has to be in metric, there is nothing
to stop him pressing a button and showing the customer the amount in the
units requested!!.

-------

Steve, I am not sure if it is legal for trade to have a switch on digital
scales. At least in US, I believe I learned somewhere that it is not
allowed.

Do we know for sure that such scales are legal for trade under the new EU
directive?

I thought there was an issue with the legality of the calibration. While the
scales can be set to either displays once they are set and calibrated they
cannot be switched back and forth. Again, ONLY on legal for trade scales!

Or, It may be OK to switch and show other values to the customer but the
only value you are allowed to sell by is the one it was calibrated for.
Something like that!

Adrian