John said:-

| In Australia the news gives the pressure in hPa
|
| we need to cut the public a break it is probably the only pressure number
| they use and it retains the feel of mbar.
|
| By the way Barbie is metric and she should be added to the list
| I bought an American metric Barbie for my daughter last night
| all ingredients were in neat metric units.  I suspect cause 50 grams
sounds
| more than 1.2 ounces to an 8 year old.
| Who said give me the children and the rest will follow or some such
statement

| John Nichols

John,

This relates to what I mentioned before, that companies who trade their
products around the world will find it easier to have ONE measuring system
than TWO - i.e. one for the whole world and one for USA.

Such companies are more likely to push for metric-only labelling, than ones
who trade in the US only.

Regards
Mike Joy