No, its not the Iraq version, this has to do with a book I found at a used book fair
written in 1938 by R. Ernest Dupuy and George Fielding Eliot. It discusses the
military situation in 1937, very spooky reading about how they thought the US should
stay out of the war and that we would never be able to recover the Philippines if we
lost them.

What is interesting (at least for this list) is that the book mixes metric and English
units throughout. One table of rifles for different countries is a real hodgepodge.
The  country and type of rifle is listed along with it effective and maximum range.
Effective ranges are listed in yards for all countries while maximum ranges are listed
in meters for France, German, Italy, Japan, Czechoslovakia and Spain, listed in Yards
for Great  Britain and the US and listed in paces for Russia. Most distance in the
book are in yards and miles but almost all munition caliber are listed in mm. The main
exception is battle ship guns all listed in inches.

Howard Ressel
Project Design Engineer, Region 4
(585) 272-3372