Title: Re: [USMA:24280] Re: Restoration Hardware finds
John Kilopacal wrote in USMA 24280:

I personally feel the space between numbers and units should only apply when the unit symbol is a letter of either Greek or Roman alphabet.  Symbols, such as ¡, '," should be right up to the number.  It looks like crap when it hangs far away.  I will always put these symbols next to the number without the space no matter what.

I agree.  That is also my practice.  It is illogical to leave no space between the number and the degree symbol when it refers to an angle, but to insert a space when it refers to a temperature. There is no possibility of misunderstanding.
--
Joseph B. Reid
17 Glebe Road West