Before I keep typing, I just want to remind everyone that I re-subscribed to
this list fairly recently, so please forgive me if I am asking a question
which covers old ground.

Jim Elwell's post regarding the terminal design issue made me stop and think
of the larger question: how have the recently metricated countries (Canada,
Australia, South Africa) dealt with the problem of fasteners? We in the
United States have erected a complex society full of equipment based upon
our own jealously inspired units of measurement, and the prospect of US
metrication suggests to me that there will be a constant struggle (and a
great market for expertise!) to solve numerous problems in this regard, and
that the US struggle will be similar to the ones now being endured by
Canadians, Australians, and South Africans. What do you think?

Paul Trusten, R.Ph.
3609 Caldera Boulevard, Apartment 122
Midland TX 79707-2872 USA
432-694-6208