Amen!  And I'm just picking this up on my laptop in the hotel room now,
and still reacting.

Nat

To give up is to admit that you are incapable of continuing. While there

is still breath in me and my PC is still connected to the Internet and
working, it is worth continuing the fight to bring the world to full
metrication and get rid of FFU once and for all, to have a system of
measurement which can be used and understood the whole world over
without any reference to conversion tables, regardless of politics,
race, religion or any other ideas of men. At least if we are all using
the same measurement system it will make for at least a few less
misunderstandings in the human existence.

As Winston Churchill once said: "Never give in. Never give in. Never,
never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty --
never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never
yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the
enemy."

David King