Sent: Friday, 2004-08-27 22:21
Subject: [USMA:30879] California

Hello Everyone. That is really to bad about Cal. going back to inch pound.  I never thought they would do it.  Does this mean that New Yourk is the only state still using metric? If so how long will it be before they go back. When the FWHA  made metric volumtary they opened the door for this kind of thing.  I don't understand why there is so much outcry with the contractors about using metric.  For the law too be changed in 1998 there must have been a lot of complaints. I wonder if Cal. will really go back all the way.  If anyone could possibly convert the     PDF file about the change i would sure apreciate it. It's a sad day for metric.  Even in the UK i believe all road construction is in metric.  The BWMA will hear about this i'm sure and love it. John Mercer. PS does anyone know the date when Cal. decided to go back.