Kent K. Steinbrenner wrote:
Interesting article in /The Independent /on Wednesday, about a Eurocrat in Brussels who sent an offensively-worded e-mail to one of the “Metric Martyrs.” Although I’d be one of the first people to defend the increasing use of SI in the U.K., or the U.S., or anywhere else for that matter, I don’t think it helps “the cause” to fire off a nastygram to someone on the other side. Whatever happened to reasoned discourse? Saying “you luddites in england make me sick” /[sic]/ doesn’t exactly win points in my book, even though I’m an SI supporter.

well I like the mail kinda:

---
* youre a bunch of fucking luddites. Metric has to win cos thats what we learnt at school. Long live England. long live metric, with 5 metric units named after Uk scientists and 2 Uk directors of the metre bureau. The imperialists are dead in the water ... you luddites in england make me sick.
---

He's right especially som any british scientists were honored and people are rejecting it.
If I would be a Briton, I would and should be proud of that people like Newton, Watt, Joule etc contributed so much to science.

bye

Mike