On 8/24/05, Howard Ressel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Enforcement? How do you suggest that be done espcialy by a body taht
> writes the Standards.  Perhaps a better approache is more education.
>
> Howard Ressel
> Project Design Engineer, Region 4
> (585) 272-3372

What I had in mind was enforcement by a governmental agency with an
appropriate legislation to back it up.  In the US we have the FPLA,
which clearly outlines the rules for labeling consumer packaging.
Surely other countries have similar guidelines and some ways of making
the industry stick to them.

Education alone will only go so far.  There is some enforcement
needed, if just to prevent confusion among consumers.  A government
body with some teeth could do that.

I realize that this is just nitpicking, and that realistically,
hunting down every product with incorrect usage of the metric symbol
is not practical.  Let's metricate the US first, and then we'll have
time to deal with the details.