From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Remek Kocz
Sent: Friday, 9 September 2005 6:18 PM
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:34391] First milli-inch, now decifoot.

While looking around for a measuring tape at the hardware store, I noticed that some tapes have feet subdivided into units of ten.  Every foot on such a measure is marked off in thenths, and labeled in decimals.  If I recall correctly, each tenth is subsequently subdivided into thenths as well, so it's feasible to measure out things as 2.37 feet without a problem.  Does anyone know what applications call for a decimalized foot?

It's ironic, but for a system of measures that is so organic and natural, USC has such a peculiar tendency to "go metric."