I've had a chance to watch a few British shows on science geared towards the general public.  Their odd mix of feet, miles, pounds, and degrees Celsius has always given me an impression that centigrade has been most readily adopted in the UK, while the other metric measures are still lagging behind.  In the past 10 years, I also had a chance to visit the UK (primarily London) three times, and each time I was impressed with the usage of centigrade in the mass media.  But, I'm sure that London doesn't reflect all of Britain.