From: Remek Kocz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:26:24 -0500
To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>
Cc: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>
Subject: [USMA:35502] Interesting things at the US-Canada border.

I live in Upstate New York, and my typical trip to Canada takes me either across the Rainbow Bridge (Niagara Falls) or Lewiston-Queenston Bridge.  I haven't taken a trip using the L-Q Bridge in a while, one of the reasons being that it had some security-related roadwork having done around it.  As I found out yesterday, the roadwork also included putting up speed limit signs on the Canadian side--all only in MPH.  These continued through the length of the bridge until the US-side border inspection booths.  Also, starting on the Canadian side, there were a few displays flashing your speed in MPH back at you.

I always thought that a lone MPH-only sign on the Canadian side of the Ambassador Bridge (Windsor-Detroit) was an anomaly.  Anyone else see these "joyful reminders" of the US at other border crossings?

Remek