I've noted something similar on this forum a while ago.  The NAM proposal
offers nothing for something.  NAM offers support for amending the FPLA
without giving any definition of the word "support."   For all we know they
could just send one fax to a single member of congress and consider their
work to be done.  On the other hand, they want something concrete: the
abolishment of the 2010 directive.  Not just an extension of the deadline,
but a complete removal.   This is a highway robbery to say the least.

I hope that the EU will remain firm this time and finally force some change
to take place in the US.

Remek