You may not have trouble shooting them down, but this is a situation where
logic and reason don't matter.  You're up against people outwardly hostile
to metric, and they've got a lot of power.  This probably requires a
different approach rather than just debunking their straw-dummy arguments
amongst ourselves.  Perhaps writing each and every one of their members,
many of whom are international firms, may be of use.

Remek