Ken,

Would motorways be more likely to show distance signs then city streets?  Most
of the signs on our city streets don't give any measurements or distances.  The
only ones I encounter on my drive about are speed limit signs, and they just
show a number, like SPEED LIMIT 35.    Distance signs are only seen (rarely) on
rural roads giving distances to the towns.  The freeways however do have a lot
of distance and speed limit signs, both public and private.  Is this true in
the UK too?

So no wonder Stephen is fixated with motorways.  It is the only place he can
see claim to see his imperial signs and get his imperial fix as imperial is
rare everywhere else.

I am becoming irritated with Stephen trying to personalize the debate and
calling me by someone Else's name.  Wouldn't it be so much easier for him to
just prove what he claims, especially if someone is able to prove otherwise?

Keep up the good work in keeping us informed with the reality  of metric usage
in the UK despite one person trying to paint a rosy picture of imperial usage
which is not there.

Jerry