The first thought that comes to mind is if this is so true then why have only a
few companies converted to metric on their own?  One would think that
metrication should occur in a domino type of effect.  That is one company does
it, prospers and others follow.  But this has not happened this way.

So who do we convince that not being metric is a drag on the economy and what
facts do we use to prove this?  We are in a depression and as millions are
losing their jobs, how could we justify spending money on something that most
have not been convinced would save our economy?

America needs more then just an opinion to convince it to change, America needs
proof.

I asked a question a week or so ago about a national survey of every
manufacturing company to ask a series of questions that would give all of some
some insight in how each company deals with metric issues and if metric would
be important to them for increasing their sales in the future.

So in my opinion a survey would be needed to see where the issue stands and
hopefully from the results (if they are positive enough) a workable plan can be
worked out.

Do you agree?

Jerry