What reason will there be for the US to amend the FPLA if the EU will accept
dual labels from the US?

I don't agree with any directive that would prohibit a product from having an
alternate unit of measure.  I don't have a problem with metric only if that is
the choice of the producer.  I also don't agree with the requirement to require
dual unit labels.  I believe a producer should have the right to use one set of
units.

In order to have some harmony in the market I understand the need to declare a
system of measure as standard and require it on all products.  Thus I would
have no problem with the EU banning a product that has no metric at all.  But
if a producer wants to include English (or Cinese, Japanese, Ancient Egyptian,
etc.) units, then what is the harm?

I would hope though that the EU does not amend their directive until the US
amends theirs.

Jerry