From: Martin Vlietstra [mailto:vliets...@btinternet.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:19
To: w...@wfpconsulting.com; 'U.S. Metric Association'
Subject: RE: [USMA:45259] Gratifying use of SI in my home town

Bill,

It is a legal requirement in the UK that berths be quoted per metre.  UKMA
members have often scoured local government websites to remind local
councils of their legal obligations.

BTW, the .gov.uk URL is used by central government, county councils,
district councils, government agencies and so on, not just central
government.  For example, visit www.hart.gov.uk <http://www.hart.gov.uk/>
to visit the Hart District Council website.  (Hart District, where I live,
is home to about 70,000 people)

  _____