Martin _ I remember this 'notice' from many (around 30) years ago (when I lived
in Canada).  I had completely forgotten it!  Thanks for reminding me of it.   I
think all of us where I worked at the time (Canadian Institute of Steel
Construction) had a good laugh when it was taped to the wall next to the
photocopier (which was always going wrong until eventually replaced with a new
one).  Especially the German engineer amongst us, who (contrary to the
stereotyping that Germans don't have a sense of humour) thought it was very
funny.

But you are right when it comes to dealing with things 'foreign'.  Brits to
some extent, but, I have to say, citizens of the US probably most of all.  We
used to have an expression in Canada when dealing with our US friends and
colleagues - NIH (Not Invented Here).   We always had to adapt to the US way of
doing things, rarely the other way round.  That really hurt when our way was
acknowledged as being much superior technically.

The response from Yellow Jacket is very worrying if I were considering buying
from them - if for no other reason than they appear to not understand the
distinction between temperature and pressure.  Do they sell to metric countries
(which would be anywhere outside the US)?  If so, then that would be in spite
of (not because of) their perceived capabilities (or lack of them) in making
these products.  American companies like this need to raise their game if they
are not to get obliterated by the Chinese, Indians and the Russians in the
coming years.  As these countries become stronger, they will stop making the
concessions to the US (especially in dealing in non-metric units) that the rest
of the world has been making for many years now.

John F-L