From: John Frewen-Lord <j...@frewston.plus.com>
Subject: [USMA:45408] mix of measurements
To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>
Date: Friday, July 17, 2009, 6:20 AM

Dear all:

I have been browsing the net looking for parts/mechanisms to restore an antique
clock I have.  Many of the potential suppliers are in the US, and I have found
quite a mix of imperial and metric measures.  Mostly imperial, but metric here
and there (likely when describing German or other non-US sourced components).

The attached picture really intrigued me - don't know whether the company on
whose website it appears created it, or was supplied from elsewhere.  The font
used for both the metric and imperial dimensions is the same, so likely the
same person added the mixed measurements.

Cheers

John F-L