From: STANLEY DOORE <stan.do...@verizon.net>
Subject: [USMA:45457] Re: Fw: default units for height
To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 8:17 AM

    If centimeters without a decimal point is the only unit for height, I would
have no objection.  If that half-inch precision is all that's needed, then
OK.   If added precision is needed then millimeters is far better.  Decimal
points should not be used in any case.
    Automated measurement technology can provide the added precision
automatically without rounding to the nearest centimeter.
    Stan Doore