  From: Stephen Davis
  To: U.S. Metric Association
  Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 7:09 PM
  Subject: [USMA:45626] OK Simon.....try this.

  Do you think that for effective integration of SI into American society, it
would have to forced through and made mandatory to only use SI units?

  Or do you think freedom of choice and polite persuation would be more
effective in getting the benefits of SI across?  Something that seems to be the
consensus of quite a few on this board?

  Personally, I think a properly organised mandatory implementation of SI both
in the US and Britain is the only effective way doing it, much like the way
decimal currency was introduced in the UK way back in 1971.