Regardless of when it's brought to a vote, I'm sure it will somehow be tied in
to "death panels" or some other silly nonsense.  :(

-----Original Message-----
From: John M. Steele <jmsteele9...@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 17:42
To: U.S. Metric Association <usma@colostate.edu>
Subject: [USMA:45646] Re: Converting the USA to metric

I hope that will be the case, but the proposed amendment to the FPLA has had
little change or progress since 2002 and been in complete statis since 2007 or
so due to FMI.

I am not very optimistic it will ever be presented to Congress for a vote.  And
even if the last two States agree to the UPLR, it will be little used until the
FPLA is amended.

--- On Fri, 8/14/09, ezra.steinb...@comcast.net <ezra.steinb...@comcast.net>