This thread interested me however I'm not into recipes.  But my wife is! ;-)I
had a look at her recipe books - some of which are very recent - and all of
them were imperial and metric.  Some were imperial (metric), others metric
(imperial) and some were system/system.  None were metric only or imperial only
and some mentioned, in the preface, to use imperial OR metric but not to mix
the two "part
way".
Basically it's how I thought it was (which mirrors what I've seen in newspapers
and on the BBC recipe site, which the wife uses a lot)
> Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:24:06 -0500
> From: j...@metricmethods.com
> To: usma@colostate.edu
> Subject: [USMA:45709] [Fwd: Re: the metric system and cooking recipes] --
> second attempt
>

> Apparently the server did not send this out.
>
> Jim

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/