I am in total agreement with your main point:  it is too complex to use as a
metric week poster, and merely leads to arguing over the right-hand side, not
adoption of the left-hand side.

A metric week poster should cover Metric 101, not the entire SI.  The left-hand
side has many units that the average person would never encounter, and perhaps
shouldn't be in a basic poster.  However, in a metric course covering advanced
topics, they need to be covered.

I would argue in the 8th Ed., SI  Brochure, the dalton (Da) is on equal footing
with the mouthful "unified atomic mass unit" and should be moved from the
right-side to the left side.

Pat,
The right-hand side is stacked to look as horrible as possible, and, in my
mind, only leads to arguments.  The heading says "still in use in the US" and
many aren't:
*Unique UK units should be removed: stone, long ton, long hundredweight, UK
teaspoons, UK cups, etc.  We don't use them, and many Americans would not know
the difference from a US unit. (or change the heading)
*It is not reasonable to include both a unit and its abbreviation, unless unit
and symbol are shown on the other side, ex British Thermal Unit, calorie (but
the many flavors based on temperature need to be listed).
*Many terms are basically archaic in US usage; they haven't been used in
decades: minum, dram, barleycorn.
*Some alternate terms: rod is occasionally used here. I've never seen perch,
rood.  I have never seen "thou" used for 0.001", we say "mil."

This is not meant to be all-inclusive.  We would have to agree to rules first
on pruning the list.  If you use in seminars, does it make the point, or just
cause arguments?  We seem to argue about it every time here.