To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 5:08 PM
Subject: [USMA:45969] Metric Baby

A birth announcement for my new daughter.  With our son, we had metric +
English, but this time we're going hardcore (even though many of my friends
and relatives will shrug at the numbers).

It was interesting to see everything done in metric first in the hospital,
including baby's measurements, my wife's and baby's temperature, etc. When
the nurse said to my wife "your temperature is 37" I wondered how many
Americans would be confused or alarmed (my wife is Brazilian and
understood).