Well, there are a few myths being propagated for one reason or another, and
there are some corrections and clarifications that are desperately needed.

Despite what the popular press says about impending oil depletion, the
United States Geologic Survey (USGS) has confirmed that Bakken oil deposit
in the Dakotas has 300 to 400 years of *"known"* reserves (at today's
present consumption, 2009), and at least 200 years of *"proven"* reserves
(oil that is readily obtainable with today's drilling technology).  "Proven"
reserves are continually increasing as drilling technology advances.

Also, let's not forget the Canadian oil sands, which have a price point of
$40 per barrel, which become economically viable at $0.793/L ($3.00/U.S.
Gallon), and those reserves are equal to what Saudi Arabia presently
possesses.

Further, coal deposits in the U.S. are proven to be (per the USGS) in excess
of 300 years in the Powder River Basin (in Wyoming and parts of Montana)
alone.  This figure does not include Eastern United States coal reserves in
Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Illinois, and Kentucky.

Lastly, the U.S. only possesses a mere 2% of the world's Uranium reserves,
while Canada and Australia (combined) possess over half of the world's
Uranium reserves.  Unfortunately for the U.S., its 2% reserves will only
carry us through the next 20,000 years.  What's a poor soul to do?