Thanks for the comment Jim.  You've summarized it well.
That's how it works in practice,
   Stan Doore

----- Original Message ----- From: "James R. Frysinger" <j...@metricmethods.com>
To: <stan.do...@verizon.net>
Cc: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>; "UKMA Metric Association" <secret...@metric.org.uk>
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: [USMA:46100] Re: Fwd: USA Science Festival tents

I've said for years that shoppers buy the "yea big" size: "Find me a nice roast about yea big, honey." Or, "Which size of canned tomatoes do you want, Mom, the big one or the little one?"

If this were not so, deceptive packaging would not work so well.

Jim

STANLEY DOORE wrote:
The Head of a major consumer group in Northern Virginia USA thirty years ago found that shoppers in grocery stores visually look at the size of the product first and not the label before purchasing. so it has been known for decades that dual unit labeling is not needed except for perhaps measurements of ingredients for recipes.
    Stan Doore