On  Dec 4 , at 3:18 AM, Parker Willey Jr. wrote:

> I have polished my web pages (showing) how simple the metric system is.
>
> Check it out at http://sites.google.com/site/parkersinet/metric
>
> You may have some critiques of it but let me know what you think.

Your item #2 in proposed legislation contains a non-SI unit.
Your text is:
> 2. All weather forecasts on radio and television stations licensed by the FCC
> in the United States must begin including SI Metric units such as ...
> barometric pressure in millibars starting January 1, 2010.

The millibars you recommend in the last line are not SI metric units. The SI
metric unit of pressure (barometric or any other) is the pascal (symbol: Pa).
Barometric pressures are in the thousands of pascals and therefore probably
should be expressed in kilopascals (symbol: kPa). Normal or average atmospheric
pressure is about 101.3 kPa. (There may be different standards for identifying
"normal" or "average" air pressure.)

The pascal is the name for the unit newtons per square metre (N/m^2), where the
newton (N) is the basic SI unit of force and the square metre (m^2) is the
basic SI unit of area.

Regards,
Bill Hooper