A few months ago due to a misunderstanding we ordered a box (10 reams) of A4
paper.  I thought one of our consultants needed it so I ordered it from our
office supply house.  It was Hammermill paper and it came a day after
ordering.

It turns out he didn't need it, so it sat in my cubicle for months.  My
boss, a somewhat parental/pragmatic person, was frustrated.

A week ago, the other part of our group on the other side of the building
got a new Lanier copier, the same one we have on our side.  It's not just a
copier, but also a fax machine, a scanner, and a network printer.

>From time to time they get documents from overseas consultants formatted for
A4 paper, and they had a devil of a time printing them.  The file didn't
like the US Customary "letter" size and they either had to reformat the
document or do something else equally obtuse and difficult.  So the fellow
over there asked if he could have some of our A4 paper, so when the file
comes, it will just print.

I thought that was a good idea, and I put a ream in one of the four drawers
of our copier/printer, too.  The drawers hold, in order:   US "letter", US
"legal", A4, and 11 x 17.

Most of the other people in our office thought that made sense, except for
my boss, who thought I was weird.

Carleton